1. Dinky Websites will carry out work only where an agreement is provided in writing. An 'order' is deemed to be a written contract between Dinky Websites and the client. Payment terms are strictly 25% of the design fee before work commences, then the remainder upon completion prior to the site going live on your domain. All payments are non-refundable.
2. All domain names will be registered in the client's name (unless Dinky Websites registers a domain name on behalf of the client, at the client's request) and, as such, the domain name belongs to the client, not to Dinky Websites. Dinky Websites cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of this service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
3. All websites will show the text "Built and maintained by Dinky Websites" (or something similar) at the base of the Home Page, along with a link to our website. This text and link can be omitted at a cost of £100 per site. We reserve the right to include a screenshot of and link to your completed website on any page of our website.
4. Once your site is live on your domain it is assumed that the project has been completed to your satisfaction. Any additional work is then charged at a rate of £60 per 60 minutes work carried out in 5 minute increments. Minor amendments such as change of address or telephone number will incur no charge.
5. Should you choose the option of having administrative rights to your website, you will be able to make changes to your own site and amend content in the future. Dinky Websites does not accept responsibility for any changes that you make to your site. Any advice on updating your site, or rectifying any changes you have made will be charged at the hourly rate of £60 per hour.
6. We require you to submit your own text and images for inclusion on your new website. All text should be divided into sections relevant to your page names and submitted by you in electronic format. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and Dinky Websites accepts no responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text or images provided by you. All spell checking is the responsibility of the client and any errors that need rectifying after work is completed will be charged at £60 per hour. Any photos, logos or graphics you wish to include should be submitted by you in either jpg, png or gif format as an email attachment. Dinky Websites will only commence work on an agreed project once all content has been submitted by the client. Any agreed timeframe will be adjusted according to and start from when the client submits the content.
8. A website "page" is generally intended to mean a page of content of approximately A4 in size.
9. Transfer fees may be payable by the client if a domain and/or email address is to be moved between hosts. These costs are in addition to design fees.
10. On completion of the project the client is responsible for renewal of hosting and domain fees. Dinky Websites excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the hosting or domain name as a result of the customer's failure to renew the services. Websites hosted via Dinky Websites on behalf of the client may be returned to the client for hosting as business needs dictate; the client is responsible for the hosting of their website at all times.
11. Dinky Websites excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault or any other fault caused by any third party.
12. Dinky Websites excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the Customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault of any other fault caused by the negligence of the site host.
13. Website drafts will be created, based on the brief and information provided by the client. If the brief changes after the first draft has been created which results in a complete redesign then a charge of £60 per hour will be applied. If feedback is not received within 30 days of supplying the initial draft we reserve the right to permanently delete the site and no refund will be payable. If we request more information and do not receive a reply for a period of 30 days we reserve the right to permanently delete the site and no refund will be payable.
14. Due to external factors we cannot offer any guarantees regarding the search engine position a website created by Dinky Websites achieves. We cannot accept liability for any change in rankings, or drop off in the position of your website due to changes in the algorithms of the search engines or the factors that they use to rank websites.
15. Your website will only be made live once full payment has been received.
16. If the final payment has not been received within 30 days of project completion, Dinky Websites reserve the right to cancel this agreement without notice. All work carried out will be permanently deleted and no refund will be payable.
17. Dinky Websites reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial.
18. In the event of Dinky Websites ceasing to trade, all websites hosted via Dinky Websites on behalf of the client will be transferred to the client. If necessary, this will involve an account being set up in the client's name on whichever platform is currently hosting the website for transfer of the website to the client.
19. We reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.
By placing an order with Dinky Websites, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below: